I decided to take the engine out after all. While fiddling around with the frame I finally got around to cutting out the helmet holder. The frame is off to be blasted and powder coated. Additionally the clutch, signal generator and generator covers are off to be bead blasted. I wish I had had time to take the forks apart to send the bottoms out to be blasted, but they will have to wait until January.
Now I’ve got boxes and boxes of parts that need to be cleaned up and hopefully some day they will find their places and turn into a sweet 14. I still need to sort out what needs to be blasted and painted so that everything is ready to be put back together when the time comes.